Thursday 27 November 2008

Da big day

so, this is it. Today is THE big day 4 me. Da beginning of a new era.
No, m not getting married. No, m not changing jobs. No, i did not win
lotto. I did however, officially get an extra year of age. The ironic
thing, however is the huge difference in my energy level b/w today n
yesterday. I slept 4 hours both nights. I did 3 coffees both days.
But, i fell asleep during my big regression running process today!
God, like literally dozing off in front of the computer! For TWICE!
But i was uber energetic yesterday. So i guess its the ageing kicking
in? So now officially turning xx means dozing off during tense
moments? I do not quite like the idea.

7 comments:

lu said...

Happy Birthday, cr!!

well, it's all psychological. it doesn't happen at the turn of xx, but it happens gradually w/o you knowing :P

hope you'll have a fun and great day and be happy always!

Anonymous said...

awwww, thanks so much lu. =)
i had a great time eating tarts during my french class.they even sang me a bday song in french. :P

lu said...

read your post after this... haha.. you're so conscious of turning xx... wait till you're yy-1 and you'll be like.. URGH!

(but actually... i don't feel anything. in fact, i felt a little lost and ashamed that so little i have achieved and that i haven't grown much. sigh...)

mad dog said...

Happy Birthday! a bit late tim. :)

c.r said...

lu: i guess i just haven't achieved anything, that's why i m so conscious of turning xx. my friend is only 1 year older, she has a daughter who's turning 5, and a baby son who's merely 1 month old. XD

md: thanks so much. =)

lu said...

um.. if you want to be a mum.. you could well be, but do you?

sometimes i thought like that as well. friend a bought an apt. in the mid-levels on her own, friend b is a vp at some big firm and i'm still a small potato procrastinating all the time... but so?

are you happy? are you doing what you want to do? that's more important lor :)

c.r said...

that's true. :D
i guess it's just peer pressure that pushes us hard. although i really hate being pushed but i never ever move forward myself without it.
and buying a flat oneself this young in the mid-levels is just...crazy. XD
i don't think i will be able to afford it at my 50s either. XD lemme die and live in nz then.