Sunday 12 April 2009

heart-melting moment

i went to pay my supervisor a visit the day before.
he has 2 baby girls, one is turning 4 in 2 weeks time and the other one is 8 months.
the elder daughter was a happy baby and wasn't afraid of strangers at all.
she always liked and still likes playing with anyone.
being 4 and not remembering my name or who i am though i had spent so much time playing with her was totally forgiven cos she had quickly picked me as her favourite person to play with that night.
it was long past her bed time around a quarter to 9 and her dad helped her to change into her pj's.
she was still out in the lounge climbing up and down on people and playing with the new toys that i bought her.
and then she came to me, offering me to eat cakes (the wooden toys).
and i noticed a pocket on her pj's and asked, "isha, you have a pocket here, what do you put in your pocket when you go to sleep?"
i was expecting something like chocolate or bunny or something rather silly...but...
she said something that totally melted my heart, "i'm gonna put you in my pocket and go to sleep."

3 comments:

g said...

my heart also melts.

I like to look at cute-looking kids on MTR, secretly or too openly, i moved along their direction and pretend to hold the rails in front of them. Today i encountered a sister and her little brother. Both quite gd-looking (the brother had a "bob" hairstyle growing over the ears), and her mother is quite 秀氣 + little trendy That's the way i behave, keen on scruitising the interaction between children & their parents. well, i must admit, only lovely children will first catch my attention.

g said...

typo: scruitising --> scrutinising.

cr said...

Aww that's cute. I like gd-looking parents with their children too. if kids are not pretty, they instantly become less cute. I hav to admit that I'm shallow. But just imagine those horrible screaming creatures with ugly faces... I guess they're not called "little monsters" for nothing. :)