Tuesday 29 June 2010

the other side of the coin

"Dude,this is so exciting! We're being evacuated out of the terminal building!" My text to miss L the other morning.
"What the heck are you doing so early at the airport?"
"Well, I'm going down south for a week."
"You mean you're having a holiday while having a bigger holiday?" She must haved hated me at that very moment.
"Yeah, taking time off from taking some time off."

So, here I am. Being a totally different person.
While on "holiday", I'm outdoorsy, animal-loving (not domestic animals anymore okay?), adventure-seeking and hell yes, even sports-loving!
I stayed up for a couple of fifa games and am now watching the 2 great Belgians competing to get into the quater final (go Juju go!).

Well, holiday is just a good thing - it relaxes you if you've been having a hard time at work.
Hence it totally justifies those endless shopping-sprees...
But for slackers like me, it definitely brings out the other side of me.
The better side, I admit.
I now wonder though, how do people cope with apres-ski or
apres-vacances blues? Since they're having soooo much fun in the
mountains?

No comments: